To Saturday 15 September 2012
The 7th ALTER-Net Summer School was entitled An Interdisciplinary Perspective on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services.
The school was a unique opportunity to explore this important issue with like-minded post-graduate students and young scientists, mostly from Europe. About 20 speakers gave presentations on this subject. The course focussed on:
- Biodiversity and ecosystems
- Ecosystem processes, function, services and benefits
- Resilience of social and natural systems
- Valuation of biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Linking biodiversity research with policy and the public